General d'Armee FAQ Arrives

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

EQUITES

Re: General d'Armee FAQ Arrives

Post by EQUITES »

Hi Dave,
when will be available a new version of FAQ document ?

Michele
Michele
bellebsc

Post by bellebsc »

I suspect the release of the 2nd edition may happen first.
SteveAshy

Post by SteveAshy »

The other FAQ link is also broken.
Greuthungi

Post by Greuthungi »

I guess this would also be a good place to collect questions and errors/omissions in the GdA2 rulebook?
I found four so far:
1. Paragraph 4.3 says that all Brigades are deployed on table, unless held in Reserve. However, reinforcing units are not deployed on table either.
2. In 4.4.1 it does not specify where Reinforcing Brigades arrive on table (but I suspect it is according to the scenario)
3. The Prussian Division organisation on page 105 lists 9pdr guns, which the Prussians did not use. I assume 6pdrs are meant.
4. The Prussian Regimental Promotion of Reserve artillery does not mention the number of batteries that can be promoted. It should be 1x.
Use the Consolidated Arsenal! It's here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... /htmlview#
Slynx

Post by Slynx »

Well for the point:
The Prussian Regimental Promotion of Reserve artillery does not mention the number of batteries that can be promoted. It should be 1x.

It says to promote the Regimental Artillery not your Artillery. And the Regimental Artillery is 1 x small 9pdr battery (or 1 x small 6pdr Horse battery)
Greuthungi

Post by Greuthungi »

Slynx wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:58 pm It says to promote the Regimental Artillery not your Artillery. And the Regimental Artillery is 1 x small 9pdr battery (or 1 x small 6pdr Horse battery)
Ah, good catch - in that case it should say either a small 12pdr or a small 6pdr battery.

Speaking of artillery, it looks like artillery brigades are possible (at Corps level, paragraph 3.5), generating ADCs as usual. Are those available at divisional level too?

Another thing that was unclear is the number of ADCs when brigades are still off table due to reserves or reinforcements. V1 had a chapter about that, but in V2 it seems that ADCs are generated as long as brigades are not dispersed (Paragraph 2.2). Is that correct?
Use the Consolidated Arsenal! It's here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... /htmlview#
Slynx

Post by Slynx »

Speaking of artillery, it looks like artillery brigades are possible (at Corps level, paragraph 3.5), generating ADCs as usual. Are those available at divisional level too?

As far as I can see, French are able to do this at the Divisional Level from 1800, all other armies from 1808. My interpretation on ADCs is that the Artillery brigade does have a Brigadier but doesn't have his own ADC.

When brigades are off table, I believe you still get their ADC. If I remember correctly, on the Videos that Dave/Richard done, they always rolled 5 ADCs but both had a cavalry brigade in reserve and neither added a dice when their reserve was committed. It looks like the intention is to still give you the ADC for any reserves you keep back that are attached to the Division. We will probably still hold the reserves ADCs back for scenarios where we deem it appropriate (ie another Division or part thereof advancing to reinforce)

I cant see a reference that Austrian/Russian/Other armys need to have a Brigade Attachment any longer to limber up to move (just that they have to be in range of the Brigadier), so I guess thats changed, it might have been nice to keep it in the national characteristics
Legere

Post by Legere »

Given that this thread dates from 2018 and pertains to the FAQ for v1, might it not be better to start a separate thread for any GDA2 typos etc.? I think there's a danger they will get missed if posted here. I only found them because I specifically went back to the FB group to find a post I found to the effect that someone had posted queries to the forum.